Congratulations to the winners of the 2310 Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship!
- Mohammad N
- Asher S
Turing stands for the inclusion and equality of all people, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, zip code, background, or life experience. When we look at the tech industry overall, though, we see significant biases and a lot of missing faces. So many amazing people who could make monumental contributions to software development have not yet entered the field. This needs to change.
People build software to solve problems, but we tend to only solve problems when we know they exist. Until the experiences of all software developers begin to mirror the experiences of all software users, real problems will remain unsolved and real needs will remain unmet. If you don’t see yourself as fitting some “typical software developer mold”, then you are exactly who we need. We want you to study at Turing precisely because you break the mold. Your differences are valuable.
At Turing School, we want to do what we can to address whatever is holding you back; whether it’s a lack of role models, an unwelcoming and exclusive culture in the industry, unhelpful policies, limited exposure to technology, or simply not realizing what a great fit you might be. We know there are some things we can’t change, but we are committed to accomplishing what we can. Let’s start with access to an unsurpassed education, and build a community together. We’ll help you form a support network, connect you with mentors, and stand with you as you launch and grow your career.
We have two scholarships available at $8,000/each for each cohort. If you belong to any group that is underrepresented in technology and you have been accepted to study at Turing, we invite you to apply by clicking the button below.
Please review the information below to learn more about Turing's scholarships & for additional questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Deadlines for Diversity Scholarships:
Scholarship applicants must be accepted into the Turing School of Software & Design and meet the following qualifications:
- Identify as a member of at least one group that is underrepresented in technology. We encourage students from all backgrounds to apply including students with Disabilities, First Generation, Low-Income, LGBTQIA+, Religious Beliefs, Veterans, etc"
- Be accepted into the school and commit to the upcoming cohort.
- Complete a brief (approximately 1000 word) scholarship essay. Our scholarship panel will award scholarships based on your essay response according to three categories: Passion, Determination, and Financial Need. Scholarship essays are due by midnight on the date listed on the Turing website and at the bottom on this page and must be submitted via the formal application. Emailed applications and essays will not be considered.
How much are the Scholarships Worth?
Scholarships will be awarded in the form of tuition waivers of $8,000 to be applied to your total tuition.
How will scholarship recipients be selected?
Turing scholarships will be awarded by a panel drawn from Turing staff. The scholarship committee will score essays based on a rubric evaluating the following questions:
- Passion: What will you contribute to the future with your new skills?
- Dedication: How hard have you worked to overcome obstacles, and how determined are you to continue on this path?
- Financial Need: What constraints are you facing and how will this scholarship make Turing possible for you?
When will finalists be notified?
Scholarship finalists will be notified by the dates listed on the Turing website. These dates correspond with the date that tuition is due for the cohort.
Scholarship Program Terms & Conditions:
- Scholarships are offered in the form of tuition waivers and have no cash value. If the scholarship recipient is unable to complete the program for any reason, no refund of the waived amount will be offered. In the event a student withdraws during the program, the waiver amount applied will be prorated at a rate of $2,000 per module completed for FE and BE programs and $1,333 for Launch . Waived tuition is only available for general tuition; repeated modules or other special circumstances are not eligible for this scholarship program and will be covered under Turing’s general tuition policies.
- By applying for admission to Turing and the Scholarship program, you certify that your answers are true and complete to the best of your knowledge and acknowledge that providing false or misleading information at any stage of the application process may result in disqualification from the scholarship program and/or removal from Turing School. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarships are subject to the availability of funds and based on satisfaction of all terms and conditions.
- By participating in the scholarship program, you authorize Turing School to publicly announce your scholarship, and share your image, story, and quotes for marketing purposes online or in print independently or in conjunction with partner organizations.
- Scholarship may be withdrawn if the candidate is awarded a scholarship and fails to sign the enrollment contract and pay the $1,200 deposit required of all students.
- Scholarship will be applied at a rate of $2000 per module completed for FE and BE programs and $1,333 for Launch programs.
- Scholarship may be withdrawn in its entirety if the candidate violates Turing’s Student Conduct Policy.
- Students are responsible for cost of living and relocation.
Upcoming Due Dates
Scholarships will be announced on or before:
Scholarship application due date: October 14 , 2023
Scholarships will be announced on or before: October 20, 2023